Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cygnus Widefield

Stuf1978

Took a step back from imaging for the past 5 months as I've just not felt like it. However I decided to dust the gear off last week and grab a few hours over the full moon when I had a couple of clear nights.Β  So I give you the crescent nebula in Cygnus. 160 x 3 minute subs with a WO Redcat, ZWO ASI294MC pro, Optolong L-eXtreme on an HEQ5 Pro in my bortle 8 garden. Must admit it was good to be out under the stars again!

Critique welcome πŸ˜€

Β 

Crescent P2.jpg

• Like 15

Love it, a really nice deep feel to it. I haven't been bothered myself for a while for a number of reasons, just when I started to get the taste for it again last week my laptop packs up and now I've got to sort every bit of software out again on a new laptop which was such a nightmare first time round, the enthusiasm is back to zero but il get out again soon hopefully.Β 

Edited by Rustang
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Love it, a really nice deep feel to it. I haven't been bothered myself for a while for a number of reasons, just when I started to get the taste for it again last week my laptop packs up and now I've got to sort every bit of software out again on a new laptop which was such a nightmare first time round, the enthusiasm is back to zero but il get out again soon hopefully.Β 

Thank you, appreciated.

Ah no, that sounds like a complete ball ache to sort out. That's one thing that does worry me about using my 12 year old laptop to run my imaging sessions. Hope you get it sorted with minimal fuss πŸ‘

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stuf1978 said:

Thank you, appreciated.

Ah no, that sounds like a complete ball ache to sort out. That's one thing that does worry me about using my 12 year old laptop to run my imaging sessions. Hope you get it sorted with minimal fuss πŸ‘

A massive ball ache but Il get there, the plus side is once all set up again everything should run smoother.Β 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2022 at 21:31, Stuf1978 said:

That's one thing that does worry me about using my 12 year old laptop

Having been an IT consultant for 10 years I can't count the number of times people shout "HELP! my computer has died, how do I get my files back" and my response was "where do you keep your backup?" Invariably I get the reply "what's that". Lots of heartache and tears easily avoided. Take heedΒ πŸ˜‰

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Varavall said:

Having been an IT consultant for 10 years I can't count the number of times people shout "HELP! my computer has died, how do I get my files back" and my response was "where do you keep your backup?" Invariably I get the reply "what's that". Lots of heartache and tears easily avoided. Take heedΒ πŸ˜‰

Well I only use the laptop for running my imaging sessions. All captured data is stored elsewhere so it wouldn't be the end of the world πŸ‘