SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ZWO/Player One IMX 585 Sensor Image Showcase

Chris

41 minutes ago, PeterC65 said:

When I bought my Uranus-C camera just over a year ago, the UK distributor for Player One was Starfield Optics, based in Canada but selling in GBP. I see they are no longer operating and the Player One UK dealers are now Dark Clear Skies and Pro Astronomy. I've had no dealings with either of these companies but they are both selling the Uranus-C for £400 which I think is a good price, just slightly more than the ASI585 from FLO at £382 (when I bought it, the Uranus-C was quite a bit more expensive than the ASI585).

I had a problem with my first Uranus-C camera but Player One dealt with it very efficiently and sent a replacement, so I would have no issue buying directly from them. The Uranus-C camera bought directly from Player One is $399, currently £328. You should pay VAT on this taking it to £393. You might get away with not paying the VAT, but that's a gamble, and if you are asked to pay there could be a fee for processing it, and there will be currency conversion fees to pay.

So if it were me, I would buy from one of the UK distributors.

Thanks for the info @PeterC65!

I was not aware of Pro Astronomy. I am going to check their website.

Seriously concidering the "uranus c pro"

Edited by yopero

6 minutes ago, yopero said:

I was not aware of Pro Astronomy. I am going to check their website.

Seriously concidering the "uranus c pro"

The Pro Astronomy website looks a bit more professional and gives a land line phone number, and their prices are only £1 more than Dark Clear Skies.

The Uranus-C is a great camera. Mine isn't the cooled version as I do EAA rather than AP.

• 1 month later...

Well, I ended up getting the Uranus-C Pro (Player One's cooled IMX585) and I just had first light with it last night. It was my first time using N.I.N.A. as well as an astrocam for deep sky so it was a learning experience.

Samyang 135mm f/2 @ f/2

Player One Uranus-C Pro

Skywatcher Star Adventurer 2i

SVBONY 1.25" UV-IR Cut Filter

Gain 210

Offset 20

301x20s Exposures (only about 1hr 40 mins, needs more time)

20 Darks, Flats (potentially bad flats), and Dark Flats.

Stacked in DeepSkyStacker and Processed in SiriL and GIMP.

Horsehead.png.ea73e398dfa41991f85737ee095c2145.png

A couple of things I notice:

1.) The stars are too prominent; I had a problem with the starnet function in SiriL and it created weird artifacts when I removed the stars.

2.) I have some chromatic aberration in my image that wasn't visible, or at least noticeable, when this lens was used with my DSLR.

If you would like to have a look at the stacked TIFF, this is the link to the file in Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/111uddpZihvspcZAfwyy3hnZUc9_F377N/view?usp=drive_link 

Critiques are welcome and clear skies.

EDIT: Forgot to mention; I don't have the a 12v power source for the cooler so this was UNCOOLED. N.I.N.A. put the temperatures at about 2-3* C during my time imaging.

Edited by Astrohankster
Formatting, forgot to mention something.
  • Like 2

Here are my best attempts so far at the Horsehead and Flame, though not in the same field of view as I was using the new Explorer 200.

IC434Visible15.0sx40038framesD10_12_2023T00_23_33APNXT.thumb.png.4cae4535740a43375c6c4578fd075371.png

NGC2024Visible15.0sx40031framesD10_12_2023T00_34_36APNXT.thumb.png.9faeae56340813f5d5c75f6970acecce.png

These where both taken with an uncooled Uranus-C camera, stacked live on the night with a gain of 400, exposure time of 15s, 38 frames for the Horsehead and 31 frames for the Flame. Both have undergone some post processing, but just NoiseXTerminator and a bit of whole image adjustment using the JR Macros in Affinity Photo.

I'm really pleased with them, and with what I could see on the night.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Taken last night in less than ideal circumstances; full moon, thin cloud, focus slightly soft, and light pollution in that direction. And I still managed to pull something from it.

81 subs of 60 seconds at gain 252, stacked in ASTAP and roughly processed in GIMP

M422024-01-2681x60LEQModMount(CV)ZWOASI585MC_stacked.thumb.jpg.455c37260ad8e049997c2f193f15cdd5.jpg

• Like 2