NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 and M82 - Two nights of data

Aza

Hi

Here is a new version of my image with a second nights worth of exposures. Doubling up the amount of subs has not increased the quality by a whole lot, but then my processing skills are not the best :)

Anyhow, I am now happier with this version, do you think its any better?

I will probably revisit this many times for reprocessing, but he is attempt one.

Cheers

m82m.jpg

Previous version:

200903m82.jpg

The jets out of M82 are better, and i would say the overall it looks nicer, cause it really brings out the Ha detail in both galaxies.

and the darker background has brought out the diffraction spikes on the stars better

ally

Thanks everyone. I am much happier with this version, although the extra hours may not have added a significant improvement.

All in, this was 13 hours over two nights (10 minute subs)....I just left it running the whole night and luckily I got to keep most of the subs. I suppose to get any better data, I need to find a site to set up which is not in the middle of a big town!

Archived