NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

which AVI software ?

I find the real joys of using K3CCdtools are the automatic incremental naming of video files (you'll never accidentally overwrite an AVI because you forgot to change the name from the last one you captured) and the brightness meter that allows you get the exposure just right (i.e. slightly under exposed highlights).

I've used both, and preferred wxAstroCapture for the SPC900 as it uses it's own custom dialog for the camera controls which provide a value for the gain as well as a slider. k3ccdtools works great, but uses the philips dialog and that's just a slider without any indications, so if you want to fine tune them it's really rather hard. If you use wcctrl alongside, of course, to control the settings then that ceases to be an issue.

thanks for the advice, seems to be 50/50 as to which is best,

another note, what type of laptop o/s works best, i`ve heard that vista can cause certain problems, can anyone shed any light on this for me before i go out to buy

I'd suggest trying both of them, and use which you like and find easiest to use. There are also others that work well including QCFocus which I've been trying out.

I can't help on the lappy question, I've used 2 now and not had a problem with either, but they are running XP

• 2 weeks later...

Archived