NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TS-optics cooled astrocameras are apparently coming soon

ONIKKINEN

I noticed that TS-optics has started selling what looks like ToupTek made cooled astrocameras with naming schemes that clearly directly compete with ZWO:

IMX571 OSC: https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p14967_TS-Optics-Color-Astro-Camera-2600MC-Sony-IMX571-Sensor-D-28-3-mm.html

IMX571 MONO: https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p14976_TS-Optics-MONO-Astro-Camera-2600MC-Sony-IMX571-Sensor-D-28-3-mm.html

533MC :https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p15280_TS-Optics-Color-Astro-Camera-533MC-Sony-IMX533-Sensor-D-16-mm.html

The OSC version of the 571 at least looks 100% identical to my Rising Cam version also made by ToupTek, but this TS version costs a whopping 500 euros more! (with tax etc included) so its a bit confusing. They are somewhat cheaper than ZWO models though, so might be a safer option for someone not willing to shop in AliExpress for the Rising Cam. Anyway, more competition in the camera market is good!

Edited by ONIKKINEN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, newbie alert said:

I mean on the TS camera

Ah, my bad. The prices shown include German VAT if you have not logged in, when you log in they show you the correct one, at least for me, cant say for sure it works like that for out of EU shoppers. The price actually jumps to 2080€ then because Finnish VAT is 24% and the German is 19%.

1 minute ago, nfotis said:

Omegon is more of an Astroshop.eu brand than a TS one, at least judging from what they sell and promote. But to add to the confusion they are also made by ToupTek but somehow the pricing is very different.

Interestingly enough all three have different body shape:

TS one is fully flat - cylindrical:

image.png.9b5e3650232778b5c278925e222139dc.png

Omegon one is not - it has slightly fatter end, but only two "cooling grooves":

image.png.a469a8be1dcd14efdef957720423da56.png

Altair version has similar shape but much more grooves:

image.png.f050b3dcb82fc5d886843a545cbbd61f.png

are they all made by Touptek?

Lacerta version looks like TS version and is clearly labeled as Touptek on body:

image.png.3dc98841888b15df69cc564267b48ee7.png

(TS also clearly states for their version that it is Touptek).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

From outside Germany you don't pay German tax, you pay the tax to where you're importing it into

So in the UK you pay 20%vat and import duty 

So very close to the default 19% the site quotes. You dont pay VAT twice, so its not the UK 20% VAT on top of the already VAT including price. I would imagine TS either deducts VAT at checkout and a UK customer pays it to their customs when importing, or you pay UK vat to TS. Could be wrong of course.

When i buy from FLO they deduct VAT at checkout and its my problem from then on to pay it to my customs.

18 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Interestingly enough all three have different body shape:

TS one is fully flat - cylindrical:

image.png.9b5e3650232778b5c278925e222139dc.png

Omegon one is not - it has slightly fatter end, but only two "cooling grooves":

image.png.a469a8be1dcd14efdef957720423da56.png

Altair version has similar shape but much more grooves:

image.png.f050b3dcb82fc5d886843a545cbbd61f.png

are they all made by Touptek?

Lacerta version looks like TS version and is clearly labeled as Touptek on body:

image.png.3dc98841888b15df69cc564267b48ee7.png

(TS also clearly states for their version that it is Touptek).

As far as i know all cameras run some version of a ToupTek driver as well as their own branded one. My Rising cam runs as ToupTek in every software other than the proprietary software that came on the CD (rising sky).

I actually found another one but for folks over in the US:

canvas.png.1d882b6027bc31bf1c9cd7cd4abdf38b.png

Looks like a carbon copy but with the Orion logo.

The Altair and Omegon versions look the same other than a different coloured and shaped shell, but the front end of the camera looks identical. Also the connector end at the back.

8 hours ago, ONIKKINEN said:

So very close to the default 19% the site quotes. You dont pay VAT twice, so its not the UK 20% VAT on top of the already VAT including price. I would imagine TS either deducts VAT at checkout and a UK customer pays it to their customs when importing, or you pay UK vat to TS. Could be wrong of course.

When i buy from FLO they deduct VAT at checkout and its my problem from then on to pay it to my customs.

Exactly the same with TS... The prices I see on the TS website showed as without vat and shipping.. maybe as it was translated to English... Who knows

Edited by newbie alert
Added info

In that case Omegon is clear winner in terms of affordability?

Only 1252 euro without tax, import duty and shipping.

@ONIKKINEN

How much was your RISING cam - without local tax and import fees (only what you paid when ordering + shipping)?

1 hour ago, vlaiv said:

In that case Omegon is clear winner in terms of affordability?

Only 1252 euro without tax, import duty and shipping.

@ONIKKINEN

How much was your RISING cam - without local tax and import fees (only what you paid when ordering + shipping)?

It was 1117€ in august of 2021 +40€ for DHL shipping. UPS shipping would have been half the price but i will gladly pay 20€ more to not have to use them. Looks like the Omegon one is almost the same price right now. I do remember it being closer to 2000€ not that long ago.