Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ6-R Not Returning To Park Properly

Mikey0368

After a session I often find that the mount doesn't return to the Park position, it's close but not where it started from. The attached pic shows my mark at around 88 and it started the evening right on 90.

Is that backlash?  Just to confuse the issue it doesn't happen every time!

20220527_223640.jpg

If all things were perfect at the start of a session; starting home position, polar alignment, mechanically perfect mount, then it'd return to exactly the same place.  Your star alignment model or plate solving compensates for the inaccuracies above and you'll find that when you park it'll be off as you've seen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mikey0368 said:

After a session I often find that the mount doesn't return to the Park position, it's close but not where it started from. The attached pic shows my mark at around 88 and it started the evening right on 90.

Is that backlash?  Just to confuse the issue it doesn't happen every time!

With the thickness of the line being almost a degree against the scale that shows the inaccuracy .... 🤔

As others have said, if the alignment was perfect, the gear meshing had no backlash and the drive system was perfect then yes it should return to the same point.  But these are mass produced mounts on a budget, so you will get tolerances in the mount