Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

tool needed

very shortly i will need to remove the top dec nut on my HEQ5 pro to replace the dec shaft. (threads very bad on other end) i have the shaft on order and new nuts ,will take a mere 4 months to arrive...

anyway the mount is useable atm.i am aware the top nut with 2 holes in it is a bitch to shift and some people have tools made like the one in the attached picture.

if anyone has such a tool or is willing to make one i will pay ....the one in the pic was made by a member on here some years back.

thank you.

post-36192-0-21739700-1403940494.jpg

post-33532-0-96617500-1413906407.jpg

• Like 1

Although they look a faff to remove these nuts should be no more than hand tight and you should easily remove it as it says in the description above, either with long nose pliers or a couple of alen keys.
If they are over tightened then it puts loads of preload on the taper roller bearings and the axis will not work as the stepper motor will stall.

Steve

13 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Although they look a faff to remove these nuts should be no more than hand tight and you should easily remove it as it says in the description above, either with long nose pliers or a couple of alen keys.
If they are over tightened then it puts loads of preload on the taper roller bearings and the axis will not work as the stepper motor will stall.

Steve

yes you are dead right but most are so tight they dont budge without a tool,i would rather be prepared  i guess .

If you can get a tool then of course no harm but I have an old 2nd hand HEQ5 and replaced all bearings and did the belt mod and the nut came of easily with just a couple of alen keys and putting it back I could actually apply the correct preload by hand.

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang

I recently re-built my HEQ5 and made the tool from a piece of angle steel and a couple of bolts through it. (It was actally the wall mount for shelving brackets so I didn't even need to drill it). Very simple and cheap.

Just now, Clarkey said:

I recently re-built my HEQ5 and made the tool from a piece of angle steel and a couple of bolts through it. (It was actally the wall mount for shelving brackets so I didn't even need to drill it). Very simple and cheap.

brill do you still have it ? or a picture