NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sh2-204, LDN1388 & LDN1389 in Camelopardalis

gorann

These bright and dark nebulae are very rarely imaged as judging from what I can find on Astrobin. In fact, I cannot find any images of LDN1388 and 1389. I was surprised how nice looking Sh2-204 is, and stimulating to the imagination. I think I can see a hand.

This could be my last image for the season (but I hope not). Moon is getting up and astrodarkness is gone within a months up here at 60°N

Imaged 2 April 2022 with my dual-RASA8 rig. So, RASA 8 with ASI2600MC and IDAS NBZ dual-band filter (Ha+Oiii) on a Mesu200. 88x5 min = a bit more than 7 hours. Processed in PI and PS, including Star Xterminator.

Processed in a rather dark room so best viewed in a rather dark room.

Comments and suggestions of course welcome

Cheers

Göran

integr20220402 Sh2-204 RASA1+2 PS28smallSign.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 15.28.41.png

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, tomato said:

That’s a nice image and certainly  a new one on me. I’m also surprised sh2-204 isn’t a more popular target,  I can maybe see a crustacean of some sort, the Shrimp Nebula?

Thanks a lot, and Yes, Steve, you are right! it is obviously The Shrimp Nebula! I should have seen that.

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Looks great. I love these dusty targets when you see them hanging there in space and suspended in three dimensions.

Olly

Thanks a lot Olly! I have been looking and working on this data for two days. Finally posted it and had a break to see Pulp Fiction for the 6th time. And now when you say so, and I look at it again, there is a nice 3D feeling about it😁

Göran

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKB said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a brontosaurus / apatosaurus / diplodocus ?

Tony

He he, why do so many of you astro-freaks see dinosaurs in images? I am a biologist so I tend to imagine extant animals, so I go for a shrimp😉

1 hour ago, glafnazur said:

Great image and definitely a brontosaurus. 🦕

He he, again why do so many of you astro-freaks see dinosaurs in images? I am a biologist so I tend to imagine extant animals, so I go for a shrimp😉