NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2nD Crack at M42

Coco

I think I'm getting there...

Talk about experimentation :)

This was 12 x 60s images and 6 = length daks.

Shame I didnt polar align better but with the wispy cloud and Moon I couldn't really see the second aligning star.

original.jpg

That's pretty good. I'm gonna say you used the 15-400mm Lens ? Were you using a CLS clip filter ? It's got quite a green cast to it. If you did, try setting the raw processing in DSS to auto white balance.

Yep certainly getting there and the CLS will help with any LP...

You want to try and nail the Polar alignment as well Guy as the longer exposure allowed by the CLS will really show any star trailing...trailled stars meen fuzzy fuzzies...if you know what i mean...

Bet your loving the Astrotrac :)

Yep certainly getting there and the CLS will help with any LP...

You want to try and nail the Polar alignment as well Guy as the longer exposure allowed by the CLS will really show any star trailing...trailled stars meen fuzzy fuzzies...if you know what i mean...

Bet your loving the Astrotrac :mad:

Cheers Pete.. yes the astrotrac is a great learning tool for a beginner.

Its very forgiving. I checked the polar scope this afternoon and found it miles out. using a method on the Yahoo groups I reckon ive nailed it central now.

I plan on saving up through the summer and getting the CPC pier/wedged and fully P.C wired for winter.

God I love this hobby :)

Guy

Archived