Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2.5hrs in the leo triplet

simmo39

This image is a bit of a fiddle due to problems with the data/camera ( see here. 

Any way after a bit of pushing and pulling the data I got this. Not really happy with it but have got to the point where I just cant mess with it anymore. Any help will be much appreciated.

82 x 120s subs taken with ASI 2600mc through Askar 400.

51959100030_a98bcd9973_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

Which guide camera do you use? The reason I ask is that I have ASI 1600MM and tried a short while as guide camera the ZWO Camera ASI 120MM Mini Mono, it worked just fine a few nights
But then my pics went bananas, on the computer the guide camera intefered with ASI 1600 and the pics was totally lost, I have not saved any of the bad pics, but maybe this could be your problem?
I do not use the ZWO Camera ASI 120MM Mini Mono any more and that problem is gone.

On 24/03/2022 at 20:41, Mr Spock said:

There's some nice detail in there. You need to get rid of the green tint though.

On 24/03/2022 at 21:26, simmo39 said:

Hi and thanks, I always seem to have a green tint problem,.

I took the liberty of downloading your image and apply colour calibration in PixInsight. As I only had a compressed jpeg image to work with, the result is (to say the least) not very good. But it shows what colour is in this image.

leotriplet.jpg.252cf5e11355bb2ebdd26205bf756649.jpg

Edited by wimvb
  • Like 2

If your using PI as you processor then you need to use SCNR at an early stage. That will remove the green bias.

ABE will sort out the background or DBE which can be tailored to suit different images.

Rather than doing your stretches in STF (nothing wrong with that), try using the Curves Transform. You’ll have more control. Use it in combination with Saturation. You can use saturation on individual colours or as a broad blank increasing or decreasing saturation as needed. Later you will use masks for even more control.

Happy processing 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ceph said:

Which guide camera do you use? The reason I ask is that I have ASI 1600MM and tried a short while as guide camera the ZWO Camera ASI 120MM Mini Mono, it worked just fine a few nights
But then my pics went bananas, on the computer the guide camera intefered with ASI 1600 and the pics was totally lost, I have not saved any of the bad pics, but maybe this could be your problem?
I do not use the ZWO Camera ASI 120MM Mini Mono any more and that problem is gone.

Hi, funny. I use an asi 120 also. That is something to ponder. I will have to look at that, thanks.

9 hours ago, wimvb said:

I took the liberty of downloading your image and apply colour calibration in PixInsight. As I only had a compressed jpeg image to work with, the result is (to say the least) not very good. But it shows what colour is in this image.

leotriplet.jpg.252cf5e11355bb2ebdd26205bf756649.jpg

Thanks for the tinkering. I does look better. I'm away this weekend but when I get back I will try what you say. Thanks again.

9 hours ago, fwm891 said:

If your using PI as you processor then you need to use SCNR at an early stage. That will remove the green bias.

ABE will sort out the background or DBE which can be tailored to suit different images.

Rather than doing your stretches in STF (nothing wrong with that), try using the Curves Transform. You’ll have more control. Use it in combination with Saturation. You can use saturation on individual colours or as a broad blank increasing or decreasing saturation as needed. Later you will use masks for even more control.

Happy processing 

Hi, thanks for tips. I will give it ago when I get home.

9 hours ago, fwm891 said:

Happy processing 

Hi, thanks for tips. I will give it ago when I get home.