Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help, what is going on here?

Hi all, I was out last night trying to get the Leo triplet, all seems ok till I started to processing. Im using PI and did a basic STF stretch and got the image below. Now I have only been using this camera since December ( ASI 2600mc pro ) and havent had a lot of experiance with it yet but on my lat few images Im getting over cooked images like below. I have tried to remove the problem by moving the sliders but what I loose in one problem I get in another. My question is Have been using to long an exposure ( these are 82 x 120s ) or do I have another problem?

Also the bottom image is the frame again with a basic stretch, can somebody tell me what is causing the problem with the background.

51955610042_9d0e3f0c9e_b.jpg

51956926414_acf5b884fd_b.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Edited by simmo39

Maybe wrong bayer pattern used when debayering?

That can mess up the colors - yellow and blue seem to have switched their places - usually core of the galaxy is rich in yellow stars and outer arms have bluish hot young stars.

5 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Maybe wrong bayer pattern used when debayering?

That can mess up the colors - yellow and blue seem to have switched their places - usually core of the galaxy is rich in yellow stars and outer arms have bluish hot young stars.

Hi vlaiv, the bayer pattern is RGGB and that has worked ok in the past.

38 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

HI here is the non linked stretch

51956938044_58641e4fb9_b.jpg

Ah ok I don’t think you’d added the lower image when I replied. The green one is linked though I’d say but anyway…

what does it look like after ABE or DBE in fact what about trying PCC before background removal?

Edited by scotty38

13 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Ah ok I don’t think you’d added the lower image when I replied. The green one is linked though I’d say but anyway…

what does it look like after ABE or DBE in fact what about trying PCC before background removal?

Hi, ABE and DBE dont seem to help. will try PCC. thanks

That's pretty much like my background was when I last tried a few days ago, albeit with a mono camera, and after trying various things gave up and put it down to the near full moon and just bad seeing as even by eye with little LP  I could not see many stars at all, even away from the moon, only the very brightest, and also it just looked hazy. I know that when moon is bright it is very difficult to see stars by eye but looked more than that.

I know the moon is now fading but could it still be just down to a hazy upper atmosphere and the viewing conditions ???

Steve

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

That's pretty much like my background was when I last tried a few days ago, albeit with a mono camera, and after trying various things gave up and put it down to the near full moon and just bad seeing as even by eye with little LP  I could not see many stars at all, even away from the moon, only the very brightest, and also it just looked hazy. I know that when moon is bright it is very difficult to see stars by eye but looked more than that.

I know the moon is now fading but could it still be just down to a hazy upper atmosphere and the viewing conditions ???

Steve

Hi Steve, conditions were not ideal and that could explain the background but im still a little troubled by the center of the galaxies being so blown and clipped. I had a similar problem on thors nebula that i did a week ago. Im just finding it difficult to understand the problem. My next step is to go for short exposures and see what that brings. When it all comes together the images from the camera are very good but every now and then I seem to get this problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

It couldn't be condensation on either a lens or the camera window could it ?
The anti dew heater in the camera couldn't have got turned off by accident could it ?
It has been a bit more humid lately ?

Steve

Hmm, I dont know. I will have a look at that next time im out to play.

• Like 1