Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron 71008 SkyMaster 25 x 70 Binoculars

Philk_80

Hi

Ive been fortunate to get a pair of Celestron 25x70 bins and wanted to ask what kind of tripod do you guys suggest?

Ive seen a Manfrotto 190xprob with a 804RC2 pan tilt head but unsure if this would suit as reading it seems it wouldn’t go above 30 degrees?

Any advice or pics appreciated 

Phil

13 hours ago, Philk_80 said:

Hi

Ive been fortunate to get a pair of Celestron 25x70 bins and wanted to ask what kind of tripod do you guys suggest?

Ive seen a Manfrotto 190xprob with a 804RC2 pan tilt head but unsure if this would suit as reading it seems it wouldn’t go above 30 degrees?

Any advice or pics appreciated 

Phil

I use a monopod with a trigger grip ball joint and it gives me most positions I need for viewing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a pair of Pentax WP 20x70 binoculars that I use on this tripod and ball joint mount from Amazon. The quality is great and it’s very reasonably priced 

Amazon Basics 177-cm Pistol Grip Tripod with Bag 

89C2DCA7-2DB6-4866-A693-B453ADD70DD6.png.1b82bbb73f6a25fa69038a7a940f0e1b.png

Edited by bosun21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I ‘ve settled for two options for mounting my binoculars. Firstly,  a triangular, tubular, aluminium frame with bicycle grips on the bottom and the bins mounted at the apex.

The second option is to mount the bins on a homemade mirror-mount. This is the ultimate in viewing comfort.

• Like 2