NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What are your thoughts and opinions about Telescope Live?

WilliamAstro

1 minute ago, Knighty2112 said:

The first part of your statement is true. Not sure about the 2nd part though? I’d hate to tot up the amount I’ve spent on astro equipment, books and accessories over the last 5 years or so! ;)

what i mean is saving a lot of money which takes so much time.

I gave iTelescope a try a few years ago. Started out with their beginner package which was around £30 a month or something. Was interested to see what it was like to image with those big scopes you see advertised on the website. I can't tell how many times I set up a plan for it to either fail because of whether in Australia or Spain or the roof was closed for some reason. One time one of the administrators there cancelled my plan for whatever reason. I think I got 20 x 60s subs on the Sombrero Galaxy one session. Was expecting a great image but was a bit disappointed in the end as it wasn't the best quality. Not worth it imo unless your absolutely dedicated to invest £££ in credits to get a quality image at the end. If your that dedicated you might as well have your own kit. It's far more rewarding to get a good image with your own kit here with our rubbish cloudy skies. 

• Like 1