Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APOD is a good project

powerlord

Interesting idea.

I think it is long term project - maybe over the whole year as I doubt many will have whole month of clear weather.

In any case - you'd need bunch of lunar images - every one a day older than previous. Then you compose final image from parts that have same angle of illumination - you take "a slice" of the lunar surface from each day for final image.

Something similar is done when doing macro photography to achieve large depth of field with fast optics (that inherently has shallow depth of field) - it is called depth of field stacking. Focus is shifted between shots and only part of image that is in focus is used from each image.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powerlord said:

Today's APOD seems like a good project to try to build up ?

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap220215.html

here's the linked pic:

TerminatorMoon_Shet_3117.jpg

I really like the look of it. Has anyone tried it before here ? If so, any tips ?

stu

wouldnt have thought of that not sure why seems obvious now. Definately a slow burn idea though. Better if you started it with the idea in mind probably to keep things consistent. Interesting though