NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron Edge 8" service?

Honestly, you clean a corrector by just cleaning it. There is no mystery to it. You can use a lint-free cloth and Baader fluid, wipe in curves and don't re-use the same bit of the cloth per wipe. To remind yourself of the reality of 'stuff on the corrector,' take a look at the middle of it. What do you see? An enormous great secondary mirror. And does this ruin the image? 

Because the primary is spherical it is easy to collimate just using the manual's method. Just move the adustment screws in small increments.

Relax!

Olly

• Like 1

On 09/02/2022 at 19:21, fozzybear said:

to put your mind at rest watch this I did my rather small C5 after watching this Video

LOL - Thanks. I gave mine to an expert to clean, centre and collimate - picking it up at the weekend.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mike Read said:

LOL - Thanks. I gave mine to an expert to clean, centre and collimate - picking it up at the weekend.

Hello, can you share who the expert is.   I have optics needing cleaned too and for the life of me can not got anyone in the UK to look at it....

On 09/02/2022 at 19:21, fozzybear said:

to put your mind at rest watch this I did my rather small C5 after watching this Video

I did my Meade 8" SCT after watching this video a couple of times - I even found myself saying 'dab, dab, dab' as I cleaned the mirror. A bit unnerving to do it for the first time - the only reason for doing it was a deposit on the mirror and I wanted to check if it was fungus.

• Like 1