SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Gathering 20 hours of data on the Rosette Nebula and SHO processing with HA stars

Frosth76

I feel like I have reached a milestone, almost like graduation in some ways. I have spent countless hours on the Internet and on Youtube researching this hobby, different equipment, software, processing techniques and finally climbed over the threshold. It’s been only 5 months since I bought my first telescope and took my very first image of the Andromeda Galaxy with a DSLR. I since then have tried to learn everything there is to learn, and I’m a kind of person that want to know everything right away. So about one month ago I decided to go over to the world of mono and narrowband imaging. I quickly tested the equipment and fell in love in the first image that the camera produced and the processing options available. Over the past weeks I have been gathering data on this project, the Rosette Nebula, and you could say this is my very first image, processed in SHO with HA stars.

https://youtu.be/g_2oO6oS_vU

Caldwell49_sho_ha_stars_wm.png

Edited by Frosth76
  • Like 23