NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Fok for TSA120

There used to be a Moonlite I think, but it’s not manufactured any more. There is a 3” Baader Hyperion focuser, which might fit? Worth calling Baader. But it’s as expensive as the Feathertouch. The Baader Steeltrack I had was poor - I wouldn’t recommend it even if it were compatible with the TSA. Finally, you might be able to use a smaller Feathertouch - FT2025 type - it might look a little incongruous with a larger scope but can hold heavy loads well. Question is whether there’s an adapter?

I dont own a tak but I would never think about a baader or v-power on that scope.  

Ive had 2 V power 2” focusers. One used and one new.   Both were just not it.  Forget them please. They are nice for a newtonian with 10 kg of cameras attached because they are very solid.  But smooth operation is not part of their features 

16 hours ago, johninderby said:

The Baader Steeltrack is super smooth in operation. Just has a great feel. Have two of them and can’t fault them. The FeatherTouch 3”:R&P is the best focuser I’ve ever used though but of course very expensive.

To be fair it was the older Steeltrack model I had - before the ‘diamond’. Had two of them and both were decidedly unbuttery.
Haven’t seen similar complaints with the newer range.