Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another new AR, 12941 appearing around the limb

Stu

Just popped the Tak out during a quick break this morning and saw AR12941 appearing around the corner onto the disk. Seeing is pretty ropey currently, but plenty to see, 12936 and 938 heading off the disk, 12939 and 12940 fairly central and 12941 on the other limb. 12939 is quite large and well formed, the rest very obvious but more like collections of smaller spots.

8E5C8388-833D-47CB-810F-FDE95D7BAF04.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Stu said:

Just popped the Tak out during a quick break this morning and saw AR12941 appearing around the corner onto the disk. Seeing is pretty ropey currently, but plenty to see, 12936 and 938 heading off the disk, 12939 and 12940 fairly central and 12941 on the other limb. 12939 is quite large and well formed, the rest very obvious but more like collections of smaller spots.

8E5C8388-833D-47CB-810F-FDE95D7BAF04.jpeg

Many thanks Stu.  I'd just posted a pic and mentioned the new AR  on Solar Observing when I noticed your post 

According to spaceweather.com it could be big, the bit currently rotating into view only being part of it. Let's hope so 😊.

• Like 1

Just now, paulastro said:

Many thanks Stu.  I'd just posted a pic and mentioned the new AR  on Solar Observing when I noticed your post 

According to spaceweather.com it could be big, the bit currently rotating into view only being part of it. Let's hope so 😊.

Sounds promising 👍👍

• Like 1