Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SH 2-240 Spaghetti Nebula.

Phillyo

Looks great! Is it cropped or does it come out 'that big' with 135mm focal length?

May I ask if you've stopped down the Samyang, just wondering if potentially there are color gradient issues with fast optics and these dual band filters?

Thank you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thomasv said:

Looks great! Is it cropped or does it come out 'that big' with 135mm focal length?

May I ask if you've stopped down the Samyang, just wondering if potentially there are color gradient issues with fast optics and these dual band filters?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Only a minor crop to remove the edge artifacts from dithering during image capture, nothing major. I've stopped it down (using stop down rings on the front element, not the internal aperture rings) to around f3.6, it helps with both the filters I use but also keeping the stars tigher and CA under control too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotty38 said:

Great image. I'm currently having a go at this target and I'm needing a 4 panel mosaic with my WO GT81 and 0.8x flattener (382mm) to get pretty much that same view.

Thank you. Yeah it's a huge target, your image will have a much better resolution than mine though...but good luck lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phillyo said:

Thank you. Yeah it's a huge target, your image will have a much better resolution than mine though...but good luck lol.

Maybe in theory 🙂  I had a bit of a hiccup with framing so "lost" about 10 hours of 2nd night data as so far I have been unable to combine it with the first night, satisfactorily that is. I'm also struggling with getting the borders of the panels completely removed. Maybe I just need a Samyang 🙂

4 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Maybe in theory 🙂  I had a bit of a hiccup with framing so "lost" about 10 hours of 2nd night data as so far I have been unable to combine it with the first night, satisfactorily that is. I'm also struggling with getting the borders of the panels completely removed. Maybe I just need a Samyang 🙂

It is a fantastic little lens! 

• Like 2