Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Jellyfish's "Head" IC 443

Shibby

After a few nights, I got together enough data for some nice looking Ha and Oiii layers (despite much of the captures being under a bright moon) so processed them together into HOO bi-colour. I do still struggle a bit with my processing, I feel I can never quite get the balance (and brightness) right.

The nebula is quite a bit larger than I expected and I can't fit much of it in with my FOV, so I decided to go for the "business end" and framed it how I felt looked relatively pleasing.

It consists of ~7hrs exposure

• 20x600s Ha
  • 21x600s Oiii

MN190 + Atik 460ex

This is at 50%. Thanks for looking :)

jellyfish-small5.thumb.png.fc5aa6aedc59a8f043a5ddde4dc08b9a.png

• Like 12

2 hours ago, The Lazy Astronomer said:

quite surprised at how little apparent Oiii there is

Thanks - yeah, originally I had ~10 subs taken under a bright moon and only managed to resolve a little bit of the brighter stuff. Adding another 11x600s on a dark night made the world of difference!

Lovely close in shot with lots of fine detail. I did this last year with a GT81 but chickened out this year. I am now also shooting 10 minutes with the 460. Same scope (i love the MN190-its my first season with it) and CCD.

• Like 1