Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LZOS 130mm f6 - Moon shots

Stu

I took a couple of quick shots of the Moon last night whilst observing with the 130mm f6. Nice stable seeing conditions, and these haven’t come out too badly for single shots. They were handheld at the eyepiece, taken using ProCam 8 and processed a little using PS Express on my iPhone.D7E53FDF-D684-4851-B9EF-5ABAA1A99FF8.thumb.jpeg.850ded543992ce7e813d4ec058d6ee87.jpeg

522EACA3-AB37-4937-ADFB-139E5313D082.thumb.jpeg.0d5d41a8700b8d14bab55128a394c9fe.jpeg

E73DB9D4-D8D9-4E52-BE21-72A53D3459C6.thumb.jpeg.81dae993fe4943885ee3f19ad216fced.jpeg

• Like 16

20 minutes ago, Deadlake said:

Nice pictures @Stu.

I'm plotting to get my BV's out tonight on the moon with my LZOS, hopefully another good night!

Yes, should still be good I think.

I think all I will manage is a quick Tak Attack, have left the scope out from solar earlier and sneakily switched to Astro mode! 🤣. We haven’t had so many clear nights for months!

Stu,

Can I please use one or two of your pictures to show on a Dutch forum.
There are a few non-believers here about pictures taken with a smartphone. That'll convince them that it actually can be done.
Yours are far better then mine, but I think that will change in time. I hope to reach the same level as yours and that of others here on this forum.
It's almost mind boggling what can be done with these small lenses in a smartphone. I fact it tells something about the quality of these little lenses...😳

Chris

• Like 1

On 14/01/2022 at 09:15, Chriske said:

Stu,

Can I please use one or two of your pictures to show on a Dutch forum.
There are a few non-believers here about pictures taken with a smartphone. That'll convince them that it actually can be done.
Yours are far better then mine, but I think that will change in time. I hope to reach the same level as yours and that of others here on this forum.
It's almost mind boggling what can be done with these small lenses in a smartphone. I fact it tells something about the quality of these little lenses...😳

Chris

Please do go ahead Chris, happy to share. Let me know if you convert any of these non-believers! 🤣

• Haha 2

On 13/01/2022 at 21:43, Stu said:

Love this huge long shadow from the mountain over the terminator…

F0015B4E-1863-45D4-9EF5-7622F875DC4B.jpeg

You should christen that feature "The Great White Shark". It looks more like a shark than Thor's Hammer looks like his hammer. Amazing quality from a hand-held!

M

1 hour ago, Deadlake said:

Which EP's where you using TOE 4 mm or HR 3.6 mm?

Neither in this instance, it was a Pentax 5mm XW which suited the conditions best. Also a bit easier to take a picture through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victor Boesen said:

I'm utterly impressed Stu!! I can even seem to pick out a couple craterlets in Plato in the second pic.

I must've forgotten, but do you use a smartphone mount for these shots?

Victor

Many thanks Victor 😊🙏

These we’re handheld ones. I often get as good success with those for Moon shots as I do using a mount for some reason.

With a bit of over processing I reckon there are four craterlets, perhaps one more at the right hand end but not sure on that one.

BF6A43D5-2017-450B-9A69-4782AF6342E6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Stu said:

With a bit of over processing I reckon there are four craterlets, perhaps one more at the right hand end but not sure on that one.

I agree:thumbright: Compared to my 102mm APO the extra 28mm certainly make quite a difference judging from these shots. I can only imagine the view through the scope under excellent seeing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

I agree:thumbright: Compared to my 102mm APO the extra 28mm certainly make quite a difference judging from these shots. I can only imagine the view through the scope under excellent seeing.

Thanks 😊. I’ve yet to experience it under excellent seeing so am looking forward to that 👍👍

• Like 1