Transfer images over network, via RDP or other….

Stuart1971

So I have a mini PC at the mount and access it via my desktop PC indoors over RDP, what is the best way to transfer files at the end of a session, I don’t see an option in RDP itself, unlike VNC,  so is there another way to access the mini PC hard drive from my PC indoors…?

Thanks

Stuart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vlaiv said:

RDP should allow for mounting of discs / folders as local disks and then simple file copy.

Alternative would be to share folder and then copy via network.

No option I can find in RDP….or is it just done through windows explorer on the mount PC…?

Just now, Stuart1971 said:

Both using windows…👍🏼

You should be able to do it over the network then.

Remote File Transfer During Windows RDP Sessions

Personally I find it easier using Teamviewer but also do it over the network using RDP from a RPi on my mount, I find it quicker than downloading to a USB stick and then uploading again on my laptop.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Just through windows explorer. I have a "data" drive mounted/shared on the mini pc and just copy captured files to that location. The data drive is a partition on my dual boot Linux/Windows machine.

This is a screen shot of the mini pc, you can see the Data drive on my PixInsight machine. I just drag and drop files as needed. I'm using an RDP session from my Linux machine right now,

Capture.PNG.b1a8558259a9ac74fe6e506d5f1b653e.PNG

Edited by scotty38
  • Thanks 1

If they are both on the same network then just share a drive, either on your computer and create a mapped drive on the mini PC or vice versa.  Or if you have a NAS drive just save the files to that and you can then access them form the main PC when the mini PC is off line - That's what I do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, malc-c said:

If they are both on the same network then just share a drive, either on your computer and create a mapped drive on the mini PC or vice versa.  Or if you have a NAS drive just save the files to that and you can then access them form the main PC when the mini PC is off line - That's what I do

Yes, all done now….👍🏼

• Like 1