SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

California Nebula - Ha - WIP

TakMan

Yet another play, this time around 40mins worth (!) and tried stand-a-lone StarNet++ on OSX... hence the star halo artefacts 🤨 but we're getting there.

21x 1200 seconds, Chroma 3nm Ha, Dark and flat frame calibrated (and aligned/stacked in APP). FSQ106ED @ f/5 - Atik 16200M (running at -20ºC)

Pleased with how the camera is performing and the new filters...

Damian

Do the clicky thing for the full size jpeg (slight crop after stacking)

California_Best_21x_1200stack_with_Darks_and_Flats-Hydrogen-alpha-session_1_session_2_session_3-lpc-NoSt.thumb.jpg.ddf7174d2385015e9abbe609ec6f46fb.jpg

• Like 10

Yes Adam - very pleased.

There is no sign of any halo (aka - Baader !) and the extra transmission of the Chroma filters is obvious on each individual sub...

Very little in terms of pollution / lunar gradients to contend with as well (I'm bortle 6) although there was not much moon when these were taken.

I've (sort of) forgotten about the price now!

D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TakMan said:

Yes Adam - very pleased.

There is no sign of any halo (aka - Baader !) and the extra transmission of the Chroma filters is obvious on each individual sub...

Very little in terms of pollution / lunar gradients to contend with as well (I'm bortle 6) although there was not much moon when these were taken.

I've (sort of) forgotten about the price now!

D

I just came back in for another look at it, and the details - like waves - is quite phenomenal.

Thank you both - very kind comments.

Yes, CCD ‘clearly not dead’ (!), just a bit slower than you CMOS imagers - especially when coupled to a Epsilon or RASA !

I’d like to get to 30subs, as I think that’ll be a good compromise between strengthening the details and noise reduction.

Those eagle eyed will see some faint vertical lines in the lower right - my dithering wasn’t properly set, so the remnants of a hot column still remain… we live and learn, hey!?

Thanks again - clear skies and festive greetings to all….

Damian

Oh, I should have said in the original post, processed in Photoshop

• Like 1