Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help with QHY268c camera

Stuart1971

Hello,

I just took delivery of this QHY268c CMOS camera and I use NINA, I have a couple of questions,

First is there an option for turning the heated window on and off, either in the Native or the ASCOM driver..?

Secondly the camera came with a desiccant tube and a pot of desiccant balls, how do you know when this needs to be used ?, as my camera is on the scope all the time this time of year in an obsy…I don’t store it in a case between sessions…

Finally what is the setting for USB traffic for ? and what to set that on ? I am moving from CCD so never had theses settings before to deal with

thanks all

Stuart

9 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Secondly the camera came with a desiccant tube and a pot of desiccant balls, how do you know when this needs to be used ?, as my camera is on the scope all the time this time of year in an obsy…I don’t store it in a case between sessions…

I use mine and change the balls as required. They turn dark green when saturated. There is nothing to lose by using the tube but a lot to gain keeping the sensor area free of moisture.  I find my QHY is more susceptible to dew than my equivalent ZWO.  My camera lives in a dome which is dehumidified 24/7 

11 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Finally what is the setting for USB traffic for ? and what to set that on ? I am moving from CCD so never had theses settings before to deal with

I leave mine on default, think it’s 80. I *think* it’s more relevant to fast frame rate collection such as lunar imaging.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I use mine and change the balls as required. They turn dark green when saturated. There is nothing to lose by using the tube but a lot to gain keeping the sensor area free of moisture.  I find my QHY is more susceptible to dew than my equivalent ZWO.  My camera lives in a dome which is dehumidified 24/7 

I leave mine on default, think it’s 80. I *think* it’s more relevant to fast frame rate collection such as lunar imaging.

thanks 👍🏼

So you leave the desiccant tube fitted all the time…?

And the heated window…is that just on all the time…? Or can it be turned on and off…..

40 minutes ago, jjosefsen said:

The heated window is on all the time I believe

Yes I think this is right. ZWO are different and have the option to turn it on and off. When I turn my ZWO on it causes a mild rippling effect on my monitor screen, so the current much be doing something funny 

• Like 1