Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finding external HD using APP

I have just started using Astro Pixel Processor and can not see my external hard drive on my Mac. At the moment I am loading all my subs, darks, flats and bias frames onto the Desktop to process it but this then swamps my iCloud ! Is there a way for APP to see the external hard drive?

many thanks from a beginner

Not sure if this is a Mac related issue but on windows all internal or external plugged in drives appear on the file/folder structure when selecting a working directory of if looking to load up data or calibration files, i.e. you don’t need to set up folder or drive access beforehand.

Sorry not much help, if all else fails, try posting the issue on the APP forum.

33 minutes ago, tomato said:

Not sure if this is a Mac related issue but on windows all internal or external plugged in drives appear on the file/folder structure when selecting a working directory of if looking to load up data or calibration files, i.e. you don’t need to set up folder or drive access beforehand.

Sorry not much help, if all else fails, try posting the issue on the APP forum.

Same here.  Also as I was advised recently, better to have the data on the same drive as APP is installed, as it runs a lot faster.

• Like 1

Open up APP, and when the file dialog appears for looking for the files open a Finder window to the root of the computer (mine is the icon that says iMac, but it may be different depending on model) where all the drives are.  Drag the icon of the drive and plop it down on the file dialog and APP should open the drive like that.  If not, it's something else amiss.