Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is going to cherry springs worth it?

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

To go to a well known dark sky star party and hang out with like minded astronomers while checking out others rigs and having a great time, need i say more? I would drive several more hours for the same.

I don’t care about talking to other people, I strictly care about going for the night sky 

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

To go to a well known dark sky star party and hang out with like minded astronomers while checking out others rigs and having a great time, need i say more? I would drive several more hours for the same.

Eh I’m going to go but in June 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Username556 said:

Eh I’m going to go but in June 

I’ve been contemplating going to cherry springs for a while now, been to Headlands International Dark Sky Park in Michigan. Loved the spot but it’s a good 6hr hike but we’ll worth it as I stayed a few days in the area. Maybe you should look them up too, they have a ten million dollar facility there with observatory and accommodations, a fantastically planned dark sky park.

http://www.midarkskypark.org

Edited by Sunshine

12 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I’ve been contemplating going to cherry springs for a while now, been to Headlands International Dark Sky Park in Michigan. Loved the spot but it’s a good 6hr hike but we’ll worth it as I stayed a few days in the area. Maybe you should look them up too, they have a ten million dollar facility there with observatory and accommodations, a fantastically planned dark sky park.

http://www.midarkskypark.org

Eh I don’t want to go that far. The only reason why I’m even considering cherry springs is cause it’s 2 hours away and I could just rent a air bnb near there to stay a couple of nights and bring my pc and vr headset to keep me entertained through out the day until dark. 

Edited by Username556
  • Like 1