Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sol 5 Nov 2021 Ha

vineyard

Hello,

Here are some from 5th Nov. I spent a fair amount of time just enjoying it visually first - the more look the more your eye settles in and you start seeing not just the big proms but the little ones scattered along the disc like far off dust-devils.  And you start to appreciate just how vast our comparatively small star still is.  The differences in scale within the universe are quite mind-blowing (from tiny electrons through DNA to these vast structures which are still just made of very small things).

Anyway enough waffling, after a good 30 mins, I couldn't resist & grabbed some data.

(The second image is rotated 90 degrees for aesthetics).

Cheers,

Vin

Sun_115642_l3_P50_ap4121_imppg_gimp.png

Sun_120837_l3_P50_ap151_imppg_gimp.png

Sun_120432_l3_P25_ap1027_imppg_gimp.png

Sun_120058_l2_P10_ap848_imppg_gimp.png

Sun_120656_l2_P10_ap247_imppg_gimp.png

Sun_121027_l3_P10_ap382_imppg_gimp.png

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Altocumulus said:

Hi Vin. Cracking images.

What 'scope and camera, if I may ask?

Thanks Geoff, that's v kind.  It's all learned from the tips the serious experts have kindly shared here on SGL or CN or Solarchat, & then just experimenting & tinkering.

Scope is an old TV76 with a Solarscope SF50 etalon mounted in front.  That etalon is brilliant (it was actually a factory demo model that Helmut kindly let me buy).

Camera is an old (now discontinued) ASI178MM-cool.  I put a UV-IR filter in front of it b/c I think that camera originally did not ship with that on the sensor.

Software is FireCapture --> AS!3 --> ImPPG --> GIMP.

Cheers,

Vin

• Thanks 1