Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 1499

Adamar98

Its been a long time since I last posted on here. I keep losing my astro mojo. So to try and overcome that, I bought myself a new scope to see if it would encourage me to get out a bit more. And it seems to be working. I'm enthusiastic but the weather doesn't seem to want to help me out. This is my first attempt at an image with the new scope. I'm fairly happy with the out come. I don't know if I've pushed it a bit much with the processing (another area I'm a bit rusty in). I've added a starless version to show the dusty stuff a little more. Here are the fruits of my labour. Constructive criticism always welcome. Thanks for looking. Adam.

Askar Fra400 with reducer @ f/3.9, Atik 460 with Astrodon 3nm Ha filter. plonked on a Heq5pro

38 x 600 guided subs.

allfin.png

starless.png

• Like 11

That's a nice image, welcome back (sort of :smile:). Keep at it.

I'm fighting the mojo issues too! The problem I find is not so much the bad weather, of which there is plenty, but the lack of accuracy of the forecasts. They say it's going to be poor, then it isn't, or it looks to be good, and it isn't.

Ian

• Thanks 1