Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rather a long time for me 20 hours

alan potts

I have collected this over a couple of years and it is now 20 hours with many frames dumped that are with aircraft and the like. This is a mixture of 3 and 4 minute subs with calibration frames and it is also dithered. 320 frames in all. It did take a while in DSS.

Because it was taken over such a period there are some with various Moon phases and there is a fair gradient across the cropped shot, I have tried to add a synthetic gradient using PS which I am sure some of you eagle eyed folk would spot a mile off, I know Olly did last time I did such a thing and there was me think I had done a good job.

500919674_Autosavecopy.thumb.jpg.8dd10d21f90d2c265fe809508d773899.jpg

Feel free to comment on improvements.

Alan

• Like 13

That’s an excellent image Alan, you are certainly making great progress.

A question, and bear in mind that I know nothing practical about imaging apart from what I read on here! I see greenish and perhaps magenta ish sections in the outer spiral arms which I don’t recall seeing in other M33 images. Are these a processing artefact, and can they be removed or toned down?

Stu

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

That’s an excellent image Alan, you are certainly making great progress.

A question, and bear in mind that I know nothing practical about imaging apart from what I read on here! I see greenish and perhaps magenta ish sections in the outer spiral arms which I don’t recall seeing in other M33 images. Are these a processing artefact, and can they be removed or toned down?

Stu

Absolutely correct, I rather liked them so actually saturated them so they showed, May well be wrong and can easily be removed Stu. I tend to treat AP as something of an art form and often change things about, there is no right or wrong really I guess, just personal taste.

Is this more to your taste

copy.thumb.jpg.ead43c31282f4aad7aa34183b08b979d.jpg

Alan

@alan potts, for me personally I think I prefer that. As you say there is no real right or wrong, it’s down to personal preference. So long as you are only playing with data that exists, and not artificially creating the colours then it must remain valid?

• Like 1