Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light with my new (and probably unusual) EAA setup

NenoVento

Hi All,

Inspired by Cuiv's "HOWTO: Make a POWERFUL smart TELESCOPE! Better than much bigger telescopes!" video, I decided to change the basic guidescope that I had on my CPC for a Sky-Watcher Evoguide in order to try EAA from my badly light polluted area. Here is how the rig looks like:

NV.thumb.jpeg.9a97e5e980b08d1477b4024051a8ab20.jpeg

And here you have the captures I made by taking and stacking 16 second exposures (1124 gain): M31 (with darks), M33 (with darks and flats, because I realised that there was some dirt over the sensor) and NGC1300 (this was a crazy stunt for such a small aperture, I know, but I've been kind of obsessed with this galaxy since I saw it in Sagan's COSMOS)

M31.thumb.jpeg.ccecbb75d2e18f719c0c5ad26d9f2b72.jpeg 

M33.thumb.jpeg.ff30e08965ac066174e2c3b4de8c11f1.jpeg

NGC1300.thumb.jpeg.8761230964d378822575a6bf02fd5476.jpeg

The camera I used was one of the first generation RisingTech GPCMOS (the rebranded Touptek with a colour Sony IMX224 sensor and no amp glow reduction) together with an Optolong UHC filter. The software was CPWI, for aligning (ASPA for polar aligning) and SharpCap Pro (ASPS for plate solving) for stacking and histogram tweaking, and that was pretty much it. Amazing, isn't it?...

Thanks for looking.

NV

Edited by NenoVento
typos
  • Like 7

For my next purchase (in this hobby there always seems to be a next one) I'm considering to get a camera with a bigger sensor but keeping the small pixel size, one that has a Sony IMX183, for instance. Then I'll try it with my CPC plus the 0.63X focal reducer that I already have, to see if it works. On the other hand, the Starizona's night owl 0.4X looks very promising as well...

Regards,

NV