Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

12mm baader Morpheus

I have got the 17.5mm Morpheus and I love it. The quality of views are second to none, I have all the BSTs too. I would say certainly it is worth the upgrade. I’m looking at getting the 9 & 6.5mm in that range too.

Edited by IB20

Based on my experience with the 14mm Morpheus relative to the 12mm BST, the Morpheus has much better eye relief, much wider field of view, somewhat crisper views, and somewhat better contrast.  It's also quite a bit more expensive, so it should offer some improvements.

Whether you should upgrade depends on what you want to improve.

• Like 1

Based on my experiences between Morpheus 6.5mm and BST 5mm, I'd say the former offers more eye-relief, much wider fov, darker backgrounds and most importantly no ghosting on bright targets such as Mars and Jupiter. I also had the 12mm before I sold all my BSTs. It was the best of the bunch. If the Morpheus 12.5mm performed similarly to the 6.5mm, the only benefits I could see would be eye-relief and wider fov. Whether these are worth the extra cost is up to you.