Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rigel quickfinder dead.

The coin cell has to fitted the right way round with the “top” with the part number facing upwards.( as you look at the unit upside down).

Wonder if fitting  AA batteries might help? 🤔

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/finders/rigel-quik-finder-battery-pack.html

Edited by johninderby

As above….plus Rigel Quikfinders when viewed in daylight are very dim even when at max.  Also it’s crucial to have your eye in the correct place to see the illuminated rings.  Try in dim or night conditions, and move your eye around.

At night the Rigel is excellent. Many red dot finders don’t go dim enough for nighttime use, the Rigel does, top bit of kit.

Ed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 19/10/2021 at 14:29, Keithstarman said:

Now what. I tested many new batteries. Is very old. Will not light up. Is there a special way to put in the 2032 battery or can the compact reflex sight be fixed?

- side goes in first, + side last (should see the + sign after installing the battery).  Then

2) Turn the small white knob on the front all the way counter-clockwise.  

3) Turn the black knob all the way clockwise.  

4) Looking at the bottom of the circuit board, do you see a red glow?  Best done in a dark place.

If you do, this confirms the LED is working.

Hold the quikfinder up close to your eye with the knobs AWAY from you and look into the side just above the molded-in word QuikFinder.  Do you see a red ring?

• 10 months later...

Wow--

This one lead me on quite the merry and *most* unwelcome chase.  

On my device the clips that hold the battery in place were very slightly bent downwards.  That caused the battery to squish the clips down instead of letting the clips "grab" the battery.

I used a very small blade screwdriver to gently bend those clips back upwards.  Then I inserted the "+" labeled part of the coin battery directly under those clips I just pried upwards and slid the battery into the slot and it worked.   The clips should grip the battery right by the "+ sign.

*cheers*