Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

skywatcher 200 EQ5

red dwalf

just been suurfing the net and came across this offer from Warehouse express http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=10561

this seems a good deal for the money (318.08) and i could always add a duel axis drive later !

has anyone had any experiance with dealing with these people, and whats everyones thinking on this set up ?

any advice thanks

Many people have this scope on the forum inc. myself, a good scope the mount is able to take the scopes weight & you can use it for astrophotography, just make sure the mount is motorised. I think the price is reflecting the old pricing, once their in stock - the price will go up.

Give FLO a ring, im sure they can sort a deal out. Their Service is wonderful. :lol:

what motorised mount would you recommend ? there seems to be loads of the EQ brand but not sure which one offers best value for money

The one we saw Rob..... :lol:

But on a cheaper note I think the EQ5. It is after all 8" so needs a sizable mount

I also have the 200P on the EQ5 mount, and I must warn you, it is a bit of an animal. But boy, wot a scope. Optics are excellent, and the whole setup balances well. I fitted the Skyscan upgrade kit last summer, so it makes finding and tracking objects a breeze. Not tried any imaging with the scope yet, as I have no funds for that at the mo, but soon i hope to do exactly that.

Trust me, if do go ahead and buy the scope, it wont disappoint.

Andy

Archived