Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problems with Deep Sky stacker

Montana

I was wondering if anyone could help me solve this. I have used Deep Sky stacker for many years with no problems. Recently my computer died after a Dell Bios update. Dell replaced the motherboard and Itel graphics card but as a result everything was wiped clean. I have reinstalled all my programs so far but Deep Sky Stacker refuses to work.

I installed the latest version 4.2.6. Set as run as administrator. The program opens fine, I load all my images in, check all, register checked images. When I press go the program immediately closes.

I checked my Bitdefender and the permissions are set to allow it to run. I have reinstalled a couple of times and it still instantly shuts down when you press go.

Have I missed something, I don't know where to go from here.

Many thanks for your help

Alexandra

Thanks, that works.

That makes no sense? I check all programs as run as administrator as default. For Firecapture if you don't, none of the settings are saved, Autostakkert also won't run unless run as administrator. So for this program it won't work if you are running as administrator. I'm lost.

But, thanks a million, it works!!

Alexandra

As a general rule, you should never run an application with administer / administrative rights. The installation routines should configure appropriate security settings for either the user running the installer, or anyone else using the computer.  

You don't say what OS you are running, but if your user account is configured with admin rights, all software should run ok, including Deep Sky Stacker..

• Like 1