Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Iris through the Redcat51 - (Reprocess)

Zummerzet_Leveller

I love the widefield view and the way you have captured all the IFN and dusty stuff - really very nice.

On my screen the background has a slightly blue mottled appearance. I looked at the histogram in PI and they don't seem to be quite aligned; I'm sure it is something easily fixed in GIMP - not that I know how!

Adrian

479280424_Screenshot2021-09-28at01_19_26.thumb.png.56795dcf424d1e33103b9d42549f401d.png

HTH

8 hours ago, Adreneline said:

On my screen the background has a slightly blue mottled appearance. I looked at the histogram in PI and they don't seem to be quite aligned; I'm sure it is something easily fixed in GIMP - not that I know how!

Thanks for the feedback Adrian.  I too see a little blue in the dark areas.  Playing with the colour mixer in GIMP to balance the histogram actually makes the blue worse.  I wonder whether I slightly clipped the reds so the blend is off in the dark areas of the image.  I might have a go at reworking the raw image.  I used the auto stretch feature in Siril and I wonder if the colour balance was off from this that then was exacerbated as I continued my processing in GIMP.  Also flipped between GIMP and Siril for green noise removal including inverting the colours to remove magenta.  Might be that some of those magentas needed to be pushed toward red before the green noise removal.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Paul - @clarkpm4242

I had the rig running last night and knew the clouds were rolling in around 1am so thought I'd use the time productively.   Still not too pleased with the star reduction, using free software I seem to get a bit of a mottled effect but better than some previous attempts.  I'm going to stick to my guns with the freeware for a while, who doesn't love a challenge!  We wouldn't love this hobby if we didn't enjoy a challenge now and again.  Certainly a lot of trial and error to get to this stage in free software.

• Like 1