First go at LRGB

Trevor N

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Some nice details visible there Trevor. Looks a bit similar colour-wise to the LRGB images i have produced in the past, i have never been totally happy with colour balance though.

Agree with that Pete. I think its too colourful to be honest. Shame because there's more detail North and South. Back to the drawing board I think. All suggestions and comments gratefully received . Trevor

Nice images there Trevor, I think the IR lum is working well on the detail but is throwing the colour off which is unfortunately the trade off with using this technique on Jupiter. I wonder if you can reduce the opacity of the L channel to compensate whilst maintaining the extra detail?  Or indeed using the IR as R like Pete suggests? That's probably best thing to do tbh. 

4 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

What do the individual channels look like Trevor, any chance of posting them? Be interesting if you could use the "L" in place of the red image perhaps.

Did you combine in Photoshop or something similar?

Thanks Pete. I’ll have a crack at that and will post the individual channels as you suggest. Yes, I used photoshop to line up and mix the two images. Trevor 

Edited by Trevor N

2 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Nice images there Trevor, I think the IR lum is working well on the detail but is throwing the colour off which is unfortunately the trade off with using this technique on Jupiter. I wonder if you can reduce the opacity of the L channel to compensate whilst maintaining the extra detail?  Or indeed using the IR as R like Pete suggests? That's probably best thing to do tbh. 

Thanks for the help Craig. I will see what happens. Trevor 

Hi Trevor some good advice given above & like Craig says its a trade off, detail is increased using lum channels but generally at incurred false colour especially using ir!

I personally like to use ir on its own to highlight detail on the planets but accept there is a place for it in combination with rgb!

6 minutes ago, si@nite said:

Hi Trevor some good advice given above & like Craig says its a trade off, detail is increased using lum channels but generally at incurred false colour especially using ir!

I personally like to use ir on its own to highlight detail on the planets but accept there is a place for it in combination with rgb!

Thanks Simon. I’m learning all the time and all these comments really help 👍