SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is my DeLite ruined??

tripleped

I compared ROR to Windex and a lens cleaner that was a mix of isopropyl alcohol and water.

ROR was vastly superior to the other two.

I also compared it to a Nikon lens cleaning fluid you don't mention.  The Nikon fluid was very close, but ROR was still better at removing oils and mascara stains.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Pensack said:

I compared ROR to Windex and a lens cleaner that was a mix of isopropyl alcohol and water.

I also compared it to a Nikon lens cleaning fluid you don't mention.  The Nikon fluid was very close, but ROR was still better at removing oils and mascara stains.

When cleaning completely disassembled eyepieces during refurbishment, I've found hand washing with dish detergent and my finger tips over a folded towel (as a safety catch) to be the best way to completely remove really stuck on oil and organic goop.  I then finish with the solvent based cleaners and microfiber cloth to get things squeaky clean and streak/spot free.

20 hours ago, Don Pensack said:

you wear mascara when viewing don, bit odd!

Edited by bomberbaz

9 hours ago, bomberbaz said:

you wear mascara when viewing don, bit odd!

LOL.  It makes my eyelashes look longer!

Seriously, though, I used to work in a store that sold binoculars and I had to clean all kinds of stuff off the eye lenses on the binos ever couple days so people would see clean images.

Mascara is as bad as rubbing crayon or wax on a lens.  It's tough to remove!  Alcohol basically didn't work.  But ROR took it off on the first go around.  Amazing stuff.