Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Near miss

cotterless45

Shaken out of the tent at 4 this morning . East Midlands DHL plane sounded it was going to land next door. Benefits of massive security lights. Looked up and moonless wow ! 

Auriga, Gemini ,Procyon , Pleiades , Taurus and the whole of Orion up ! Monoceros to come ! What a sight   Especially having camped out for a couple of weeks all I'd seen was cloud.

Quickly ran off all those lovely targets , Tegmine, Eskimo nebula,M1 , NGC 2419 , Hagrid's Dragon , Averys Island, sigma Orionis and Meissa melotte. Ouch that's before the clusters and nebulae in Orion. 

Slight wisps of cloud blew in from the south east as I hurried back to camp, thinking of winter delights and 

clear skies  !

Nick.

• Like 5

Great Nick. A veritable feast! Camping out for a couple of weeks that's dedication...

Last night was pants here. The sky was too bright and clouds coming and going until they stopped going about 2am. 🙄 Still, it was a good mount familiarisation session.

I'm camping in the Yorkshire Dales next weekend for three nights, so hoping to tick off plenty with the 10x50s. Half that list will do. 😀

• Like 2