First image with 533mc Pro..Cresent neb.

paul mc c

Finally after a month busting to use my new camera,got an opportunity last night,still getting use to the change from a dslr,and still using GIMP,but am deciding to upgrade that to something better.Not sure if getting flats/dark flats properly,but will work on that. Nothing special but at least got every thing working.

60x240 sec lights

10 dark flats

20 flats

cresentjpg.jpg

Edited by paul mc c
  • Like 4

Hi Paul, what capture Software are you using, Sharpcap Pro is great, also it has an easy PA tool in it, good histogram etc, for about £12 pa well worth it.

The 127 Mak is not ideal for DSO imaging, more suitable for Planetary work by the way.

You have a great Camera, I shoot without any Calibration frames at all, and just do 30sec subs lots of them in Sharpcap.

Clear Skies

regards

Eric

ps: I use the Optolong L-eNhance Filter for most Nebulas, makes a big difference, I also use a UV/IR filter on Galaxies.

This Hobby is very subjected when seeking advice, go with what works best for you.

Just now, Planitair said:

Hi Paul, what capture Software are you using, Sharpcap Pro is great, also it has an easy **PA tool in it, good histogram etc, for about £12 pa well worth it.

The 127 Mak is not ideal for DSO imaging, more suitable for Planetary work by the way.

You have a great Camera, I shoot without any Calibration frames or guiding at all, and just do 30sec subs lots of them in Sharpcap.

**You would need a guidescope and camera to get enough stars in the field of view, the 127 cant do that , too narrow FOV, I am lucky with my 80mm frac it gets me the required number of stars needed in Sharpcap to plate Solve for PA (about 15).

Eric

ps: I use the Optolong L-eNhance Filter for most Nebulas, makes a big difference, I also use a UV/IR filter on Galaxies.

This Hobby is very subjected when seeking advice, go with what works best for you.

• Like 1

• paul mc c changed the title to First image with 533mc Pro..Cresent neb.