SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

3 minutes on the Coathanger Cluster.

ollypenrice

Single 3 minute sub, no calibration files at all, RASA 8 with ZWO 2600 one shot colour, all done with Paul Kummer in a joint venture housed in our robotic shed, the Observatoire Per Frejvall.  We're not there yet on tilt and collimation but it's getting better in increments. The mount is an Avalon Linear Fast Reverse.  This is astrophotography - but not as we know it!

1307112159_Cr3993minsnocalib..thumb.jpg.12a2aa5057297f06c40a88a48c4c2133.jpg

Olly

• Like 13

Nice work Olly. Surprised you had collimation issues. Mine was pretty much perfect out of the box.

Mind you I deliberately went for the ZWO 183MC with its reduced FOV and smaller pixel sizes so I will avoid the problems on the edges and get high MP images at good sampling.

Edited by Catanonia
  • Like 1

Lovely image and I guess your skies are B4 or better when this was taken? Fast scopes and latest gen backlit CMOS OSC can be a 'gateway drug'. Quite something for 3 minutes straight out of the camera. I just moved from f/6 to f/2.8 in Bortle 6 and it made me smile.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GalaxyGael said:

Lovely image and I guess your skies are B4 or better when this was taken? Fast scopes and latest gen backlit CMOS OSC can be a 'gateway drug'. Quite something for 3 minutes straight out of the camera. I just moved from f/6 to f/2.8 in Bortle 6 and it made me smile.

It's very dark here. I don't have my head around the Bortle scale but our SQM readings sometimes hit 22.

Olly

8 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

It's very dark here. I don't have my head around the Bortle scale but our SQM readings sometimes hit 22.

Olly

That is dark, used to have that where I lived until 2020, but was not imaging for the time I was there :(. 

So off topic partially, but I looked through the Les Grange facilities. I feel a plan coming together for 2022...

• Like 1