NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pulsar anti-vibration pier and EQ6R

Mike Read

Hello, 
I've finally done a concrete base and attached the anti-vibration pier to it. I managed to install the pulsar pier multi plate adapter also. However, I cant for the life of me see how my EQ6R can be secured to the adapter plate. The supplied bolt (if thats what its for ) is a smaller diameter, and the primary rod from the mounts tripod is too short for the thread to catch. 

If you have this combination - how did you secure your EQ6R to the adapter plate? Did you go an buy a larger diameter bolt?

I have a pier mounted EQ6-R , though on the Altair Astro pier with the correct CNC adapter plate.

I purchased a long thread handwheel bolt to hold the mount onto the CNC puck after bolting it to the pier, but with the Altair pier you can get your hand under the squirrel cage to adjust the bolt.

Image1.jpg

Edited by fifeskies

3 hours ago, Mike Read said:

Hello, 
I've finally done a concrete base and attached the anti-vibration pier to it. I managed to install the pulsar pier multi plate adapter also. However, I cant for the life of me see how my EQ6R can be secured to the adapter plate. The supplied bolt (if thats what its for ) is a smaller diameter, and the primary rod from the mounts tripod is too short for the thread to catch. 

If you have this combination - how did you secure your EQ6R to the adapter plate? Did you go an buy a larger diameter bolt?

Hi Mike,

Did your EQ6R fit into the Pulsar pier adapter ok? My AZEQ6 is too big or the recess in the adapter is too small!

11 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Hi Mike,

Did your EQ6R fit into the Pulsar pier adapter ok? My AZEQ6 is too big or the recess in the adapter is too small!

Hi, Looks like the recess on the adapter is about 2-4 mm too shallow. I was hoping this "wont" matter when its tight. I may need to find someone with a milling machine!

14 hours ago, Mike Read said:

Thank you. Where do you purchase the bolt from ? 

Got the bolt from eBay, I am fairly sure it is 12mm but maybe check that.  

They are available in a range of lengths.

I used a long regular bolt and marked where it needed to "shoulder" against the underside of the plate. I then ordered the bolt just short of that length to make sure it both nestled up against the plate but had plenty thread inside the casing.

Handwheel allows you to get it nice and tight with minimal effort.

Was fairly cheap as I recall.

Image1.jpg

Edited by fifeskies

1 hour ago, Mike Read said:

Hi, Looks like the recess on the adapter is about 2-4 mm too shallow. I was hoping this "wont" matter when its tight. I may need to find someone with a milling machine!

Hmm, perhaps mine isn't a one off then. I don't want to return for a replacement if they are all the same. If its not too much trouble, could you possibly measure the width and depth of the EQ6 recess on yours? Mine is 64.75mm in diameter and 5mm in depth. My AZEQ6 profile is 65mm diameter and 4mm deep. So we appear to have opposite issues!