NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSS and OSC cam

Hello all, finally got some success using my 533 Pro but after stacking in DSS the image has come out mono, any ideas, I haven't changed any settings from when I had the dslr so imagine it's some kind of setting needs changed. 

Paul 

DSLR and astro cameras have different set of settings and you need to adjust settings for dedicated camera:

image.png.8472f7366c6e6d253e03a9cf1ab319f7.png

Use Fits files tab when working with dedicated cameras (Raw files is for DSLR) and also check that you have OSC / color camera. Select bayer pattern - probably RGGB and debayering method below.

Thank you Vlaiv, have it set as rggb which I believe is right, so do I leave the box ticked.. 

Paul 

24 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

DSLR and astro cameras have different set of settings and you need to adjust settings for dedicated camera:

image.png.8472f7366c6e6d253e03a9cf1ab319f7.png

Use Fits files tab when working with dedicated cameras (Raw files is for DSLR) and also check that you have OSC / color camera. Select bayer pattern - probably RGGB and debayering method below.

5 hours ago, Seelive said:

Excuse my ignorance but wouldn't selecting the 'Super Pixel' bayer transformation result in a monochrome image from a colour camera?

No.

Super pixel mode takes group of 2x2 pixels that comprises one bayer matrix element and forms single pixel with RGB values - taking R from R pixel of bayer element, B from B pixel and G from average of two G pixels.

Resulting image has half vertical and horizontal resolution but there are no interpolated pixels (regular debayering interpolates missing pixel values).

13 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

No.

Super pixel mode takes group of 2x2 pixels that comprises one bayer matrix element and forms single pixel with RGB values - taking R from R pixel of bayer element, B from B pixel and G from average of two G pixels.

Resulting image has half vertical and horizontal resolution but there are no interpolated pixels (regular debayering interpolates missing pixel values).

Are the DSS settings you mentioned above the same for a mono CCD!? Keep the monochrome 16bit fits ticked? and select 'create super pixels...' at the bottom!?

Edited by Rustang

6 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Are the DSS settings you mentioned above the same for a mono CCD!? Keep the monochrome 16bit fits ticked? and select 'create super pixels...' at the bottom!?

No.

On Mono+Filters - you untick checkbox on FITS files tab, and you don't care for the rest of the settings.

Just remember to stack each color to its own stack with appropriate calibration files.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

No.

On Mono+Filters - you untick checkbox on FITS files tab, and you don't care for the rest of the settings.

Just remember to stack each color to its own stack with appropriate calibration files.

Thanks, I thought I might of had it wrong! 👍

19 hours ago, vlaiv said:

No.

That makes sence, thanks.