NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Roller...

...old farm machinery under the Scutum star cloud.  Sky 10 x 10s, iso 2500, f2.2, roller 5 x 10s, iso 500, f5.  Canon 6D MkII, Sigma 24mm.  Light painted.  LR, Sequater and PS.

Snuck in between the clouds.  Unfortunate rise in the ground prevented the composition I was hoping for.  Better viewed after a click...

Paul

IMG_4501-Edit-01.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 12

18 hours ago, davew said:

Very neat backlighting. I've never managed anything that I'm pleased with but I must try again as you've shown it can be done.

Dave.

Needed a couple of goes to make sure nowhere was bleached out (just looked on back of camera).  The roller is solid and easy to hid the light source from direct view.  The light has fully variable brightness/dimmer control.  Then vary 'opacity' in layers.

Hope you can get out Dave.

3 hours ago, clarkpm4242 said:

Needed a couple of goes to make sure nowhere was bleached out (just looked on back of camera).  The roller is solid and easy to hid the light source from direct view.  The light has fully variable brightness/dimmer control.  Then vary 'opacity' in layers.

Hope you can get out Dave.

I think I'd be best served looking for a proper light from what you say. I have side lighting pretty much as I like it but feel a brighter light will be needed.

I managed to get out for quite a few hours on the night of the 12th, as did coach loads of others ! I'll get the image up later in the meteor section so hope to see you there,

Dave.

• Like 1