NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Ultra Narrowband Ha 3.5nm

Rustang

So I was finally able to get out last night to first test the second hand focuser that Steve Kindly sold to me and helped me set up so I could see if my scope was back to where it was, and to also see what my new Baader 3.5nm filter performs like. If you excuse the incredibly noisy image due to the stack only being 30mins (well i hope its because of that!) then I think its safe to say its pretty darn good in a bortel 6 location! They are CMOS optimised but stated to be excellent for CCD cameras which is what I have. Ive also ordered the OIII :)

In regards to the scope being back to normal, the stars do seem pretty much like what they were before the incident so I'm pleased about that, my guiding needs sorting to fully check though.

30minCresHaStretch.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Rustang said:

So I was finally able to get out last night to first test the second hand focuser that Steve Kindly sold to me and help me set up and see if my scope was back to where it was, and to also see what my new Baader 3.5nm filter performs like. If you excuse the incredibly noisy image due to the stack only being 30mins (well i hope its because of that!) then I think its safe to say its pretty darn good in a bortel 6 location! They are CMOS optimised but stated to be excellent for CCD cameras which is what I have. Ive also ordered the OII :)

In regards to the scope being back to normal, the stars do seem pretty much like what the were before the incident so I'm pleased about that, my guiding needs sorting to fully check though.

30minCresHaStretch.jpg

Very nice Russ.  Would you be able to shoot Sadr or equivalent star to see what the halo is like?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Looks great, what's the rest of the kit that you're using?

Cheers, shame its really noisy but it was only a quick test anyway.

Kit is SW80 ED DS Pro and SW HEQ5 Pro Mount.

39 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Cheers, shame its really noisy but it was only a quick test anyway.

Kit is SW80 ED DS Pro and SW HEQ5 Pro Mount.

Nice one Russ.

We have very similar kit. Mount, scope and filter. Only my camera (Qhy268m) is different to yours. I shot Sadr a couple of weeks back and saw halos with my Ha filter, so will be interested to see how you get on. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Xiga said:

Nice one Russ.

We have very similar kit. Mount, scope and filter. Only my camera (Qhy268m) is different to yours. I shot Sadr a couple of weeks back and saw halos with my Ha filter, so will be interested to see how you get on. 

Thanks, I've had to 'tame' shall we say the halos in post but they never been to much of an issue to deal with but if these new Ultra Band's do away with them then even better, at least that would be one thing off the list of things I have to contend with! 😁

Edited by Rustang