Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Planet and ISS camera : QHY IMG132E or Canon 550e Modified

Hi, 

I am digging out my old Planet Camera QHY IMG132E to have a go at some planets this year and the ISS. However I also have a Canon550 DSLR (Video capabilities and live view) and would like to know what would give better results.  Using SW200p Scope/EQ5 mount (RA motor) Cannot locate any latest software or Drivers for the QHY132E camera but I have it running on SharpCap2 which appears okay. not sure of what Gamma, Red/Green/Blue settings be set on. 

I have a Pulsar Dome with Atik460 /ED80 Set up in Garden which have been using for past few years for Deep Sky Images but am a beginner at the planets. Also going to have a bash at the ISS once I have correct set up/camera on the go. any advice appreciated ref the two cameras above. Thanks in advance.  I know I could put the SW200 in my dome but this is all set up nice with the ED80 hence dug out the EQ5 mount.