NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lens recommendation for Milkyway landscape photography

bendiddley

29 minutes ago, bendiddley said:

Thanks. Great image!

It might be worth checking out the Tokina 14-20mm F2 lens someone has just posted in the for sale section - Tokina lens

If you don't mind the weight of an aluminum tripod, the K&F range are very stable - I have a couple of Manfrotto tripods for photography, but bought one of these to hold 20x80 binoculars - K&F tripod. Comes with a ball head and can also be used as a monopod. This is £102 or without the 360 column is £72

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Simon Pepper said:

I have the Samyang 14mm can recommend there is a little CA when wide open but can stop it down or crop the edges for the price you can’t beat it. Here is one I took the other day think this was 25s stack of 10.1400E832-6741-47C3-BDCD-6167B8C215EE.thumb.jpeg.b3e3bc06b102422f2be95646dddce9ef.jpeg

wow, is that all you need ? 250 secs of subs. I'll give that a go tonight - from garden right enough so won't have as nice foreground.

what camera, iso, aperture ?

Hi 

Camera is a stock canon 850d, iso 3200. Yes 10, 25 seconds stacked in sequetor then processed in PS. Foreground was 10s I think in hindsight should have upped that and dropped the iso. I then blended the sky with the foreground. I was on a tracker with bad PA so it was enough to see star trails at 30 seconds but enough to give foreground blue at 25 seconds.

Also to add this is bottle 4 but beyond that hill is the English Channel. So lucky enough to be able to get the MW in the south with only the sea beyond so no LP really helps. May get a few hours tonight so hopefully will go out again…