NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help...APT and 533 mc pro

paul mc c

Hello,just received my zwo 533 mc pro today,now obviously its going to be another learning curve for me.

With my dslr it was just a matter of switching APT and camera on and way it went.

Playing with the 533 tonight i connected it up to laptop and APT,but not much seems to happen,i tried to take an image just in the house and thought i would see something,obviously just a blur of light and dark but nothing.

I downloaded drivers ect,but did i do the right ones?,its probably something stupid i am doing,so any help would be great.

thanks Paul.

Hi Paul

Here is what I would do.

1) Make sure I have the updated version of APT (on the right bottom of the main screen, you'll see a "USB Monitor, which allows you to see which devices (cam.)

are actually connected.

2) After having installed all the native and Ascom drivers for your cam. hold down the shift key so you can choose a cam from the dropdown menu which appears.

3) Choose your cam and it's attributes (connecting to Ascom, whose little dialog box will pop up.

4) Hit ok, and under the main screen, APT should tell you that the cam is connected, and also display it's stats.

5) Once connected, this cam. will always be the first choice for APT , unless you hit the shift key on the keyboard while clicking connect.

Good luck

Andy

• Like 1

Sounds good...always worth to check in the device manager, if you can see your device there, it's good on the computer end. In this business, it's a process of elimination...the answer is always in the last place you look (because after finding it, you won't look any further 😁 ).

• Like 1