NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sobering news from Denis Levatic

vineyard

Hello,

I just noticed this sobering post from Denis on UKABS: https://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=176545

Am lucky enough to have one of his awesome super-charged BVs - it's always been a pleasure to deal with him & he has always been v responsive (& his BVs have revolutionised my lunar & solar practice).

Have sent him a msg, but posting here in case of relevance for other SGLers (apologies if its the wrong place mods, pls feel free to move).

Vin

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for putting up this post. I saw the advert and was not sure whether to be sympathetic or suspicious; others with a similarly cynical disposition as myself may have had the same dilemma. 

Let's wish him and his wife well and be grateful for what we've got.....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rl said:

Thanks for putting up this post. I saw the advert and was not sure whether to be sympathetic or suspicious; others with a similarly cynical disposition as myself may have had the same dilemma. 

Let's wish him and his wife well and be grateful for what we've got.....

I can vouch for Denis' reputation and quality of his work..he cleaned and serviced a pair of binoviewers for me about 3 years ago, and made a lovely job of it too.

Denis is better known on Cloudy Nights in the USA and enjoys an excellent reputation. Put it this way, if I could afford this last pair, I'd buy them without hesitation.

With regard to his exit from his binoviewing work, it is our loss but definitely the right decision for his family..we can only wish him and his wife and children well, and pray that his wife can survive this awful disease🙏.

Dave

• Like 8

3 hours ago, F15Rules said:

I can vouch for Denis' reputation and quality of his work..he cleaned and serviced a pair of binoviewers for me about 3 years ago, and made a lovely job of it too.

Denis is better known on Cloudy Nights in the USA and enjoys an excellent reputation. Put it this way, if I could afford this last pair, I'd buy them without hesitation.

With regard to his exit from his binoviewing work, it is our loss but definitely the right decision for his family..we can only wish him and his wife and children well, and pray that his wife can survive this awful disease🙏.

Dave

I second that Dave. Denis is a lovely guy who has not only made some amazing Zeiss binoviewers available over the years, but also helped educate us about the treasure trove of Zeiss microscope eyepieces out there for use by amateur astronomers. Wish him and his wife in particular the best.

• Like 6

The world of binoviewing won’t be the same without the legendary Denis Levatic but entirely understand that family must come first. 
He was particularly helpful when I had some quires about my WO BV’s.

I too wouldn’t hesitate in buying his last BV’s if I had the funds! 

• Like 3