Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Power for zwo cooled camera.

paul mc c

So long as it is a decent supply at least 3A (but they are about same price for 5A so get 5A then can be used for other 12V as well) with 5.5 / 2.1 mm plug then can use others.

This This one is about 1/3 the cost.

However, all would say is that if the camera is new, or still in warranty you have an expensive camera (upwards of £800 I guess)  then that extra £20 or so to get the ZWO one from FLO means that if you need to put in a warranty claim then you are fully covered as you have used the recommended power supply bought from a reputable dealer (other dealers also available 🙂 )

Steve

• Like 2

I did buy the ZWO supply with my ZWO 1600 but over time also have obtained a couple of other 12V 5A supplies that cam with other gear and they are of no brand I know with mostly Chinese writing but I have used them, maybe because I did not realise they were not the ZWO one, but honestly never had an issue with any of them and all still in good working order.
Chances are under the hood the one in the link has the same, or similar, guts inside to the ZWO anyway and the ZWO is just a premium price because it has ZWO on it, but problem on Amazon is there is some great gear at great prices but also there is some crap on there as well which you do not want taking your cooling circuit out and having to return the camera for repair.

So difficult to say get the £10 supply off Amazon, probably absolutely fine , and again if it fails it more than likely will go open circuit and not harm your camera, but i's not my expensive camera and so I would not like to say definitely yes.

Steve 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AstroNebulee said:

I went with the zwo power supply from Flo for my Asiair pro, when spending a lot of money on kit I thought I better and would know it works together properly 

Yeah, ordered the zwo, makes sense. 

• Like 2