NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cable management

Hi! I'm mature for a serious approach to guiding. Narrowband requires long exposure times, and properly arranged cables can make it easier. Exactly, properly arranged cables, but how?

At the moment, I combined 3 cables into one (guider, dslr, dslr battery).

Brak opisu.

The heaters have usb inputs so I decided to connect them with a hub and lead them out with one cable. I don't know where to attach the hub yet, but it will be rather on telescope.

Maybe someone will show their setup and cable management methods?
I will be grateful.
Best regards

I use cable braid and velcro buckle ties to bundle and secure my cables.  Cable braid allows each wire to move independently within the braid so it remains flexible and it also resists hanging on things.  The buckle ties allow securing the cable bundle to the tripod leg and the tube or focuser to take the strain off the connectors.  I prefer this method instead of putting everything up on the OTA which adds to the wind load area and it is not as easy to protect the electronic devices from dew.

My 2 cents.  (^8

Cable Braid-2.JPG

Buckle Ties-002.jpg

AT10RC Galaxy canon.JPG

SS15028HNT in SkyBox-1.JPG

WO-80ED on AP900 at Okie-Tex.JPG

Edited by CCD-Freak
  • Like 3

I personally use a combo of 3D printed holders and Velcro tape which I think is brilliant as very strong and easily removed unlike cable ties.  The mount helps too where cables can be fed through inside it.

AF8FF511-37C3-4C21-A3AD-91B78015338C.jpeg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 3

You have very advanced setups. Asiair and astrohubs are dropping out for now. But my friend is supposed to make a hub for me and I think I'll think about 3D printing a handle for this.

8 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

How do you guys stop the braided lines fraying. I bought a load of it but ended up ditching it as the frayed ends didn’t look great. 

Melt the ends with a match flame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1